2020 is already racing by so quickly we’ve barely had time to acknowledge everything that happened in 2019 so we’d like to take a quick second to round everything up.
Service and Clinic Expansion
Once again it was a great honour to provide assistance to those most in need in our community through our better access, work cover, NDIS, and private services. We opened 2 new clinics in the Riverlands and Victor Harbor to expand our services further for rural and remote delivery. As such, the following are being offered more widely than ever across SA:
- SA intensive gambling help service
- SIPS suicide attempters and suicide prevention services
- CPT trauma program
- Matrix methamphetamine treatment program
- Alcohol dependence & other drugs RPG service
- Primary health screening and early and brief interventions
- We also launched our first DBT program with further programs planned for 2020
- We even won the APHN annual award 1st prize for improving access to services for Matrix program participants
- Research and Training
PsychMed continued to lead the way in the provision of professional support and training in mental health and addiction. Both independently and in partnership with the newly established Wellbeing and Recovery Research Institute (WARRI), we attended a multitude of conferences with successful peer publications, presentations, and poster presentations. We also hosted workshops and forums with a range of national and international speakers to raise awareness and upskill professionals in:
- Online gaming
- Trauma and female genital mutilation
- Cognitive processing therapy for trauma
- White Ribbon training
We welcomed the talents of 25 amazing staff members with a wide array of skills and experience. We also said a fond farewell to a host of individuals, some that had been with the PsychMed family for as long as 13 years! Additionally, a number of staff members completed hard-earned academic milestones and won impressive research awards.
We’re always striving to reach more people and improve our services so we look forward to many exciting projects and opportunities in 2020.