2019 started with a big bang for PsychMed. Over the last few years, PsychMed have worked tirelessly to implement some gold standard, Australia-first treatment programs for a variety of mental health concerns. Having demonstrated a high level of efficacy, our next challenge was to figure out how to make these programs more accessible to those in need outside the main city.
Rural and remote areas are notoriously under-resourced so we are delighted to announce that with the pivotal support of the CSAPHN, January 2019 saw PsychMed expand into the Fleurieu Peninsula and the Riverlands. Our new clinics and facilities in Victor Harbor, Strathalbyn, and Berri will provide better access to evidence-based psychological assessment and treatment for a variety of mental health issues, including:
- Mood Disorders
- Alcohol and Drug Addictions
- Neurodevelopmental and Neurocognitive Impairments
- Learning Disorders
Following a comprehensive assessment by our friendly, experienced team of psychologists, clients will be able to access up to 12 sessions free-of-charge based on an individualised treatment plan. This may incorporate any of PsychMed’s Australia-first individual or group programs, including:
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for trauma
- Structured Intervention Program for Suicide Attempters (SIPS) for suicide prevention
- SA Intensive Gambling Help Service (SAIGHS) for gambling issues
- MATRIX Program for methamphetamine dependence
- Assist and Relapse Prevention programs for alcohol and drug use
We look forward to welcoming you at our new premises. To find out more, you can get in touch with our teams in Victor Harbor on 7082 3624 or Berri on 7082 3628.