We promised you more funky facts that us psychology nerds have been geeking out on. Behind every interesting tid-bit there were psychologists and scientists asking the important questions and painstakingly investigating them. Who said research jobs were boring?!
- At a biochemical level, being in love is indistinguishable from having severe obsessive-compulsive disorder. Yikes!
- Ever feel like you don’t belong in a high-end store? Apparently rude sales staff increase sales because it creates a snobby ‘in-group’ feel that customers aspire to become part of.
- There are at least 6 universal facial expressions across the globe – happiness, sadness, surprise, anger, disgust, and fear.
- Shocker – social media is designed to be addictive in many ways, not least with its infinite scrolling, which means your brain doesn’t receive a ‘stop’ cue.
- Ever want to cuddle a puppy or gorgeous loved one almost too tight? That’s called cuteness aggression. Apparently a bit of aggression is supposed to balance out the high of overwhelming positive emotions. Consider yourself warned if you ever go to our cat therapy room!
Come back and visit our blog for more fun facts soon!