Your rights in using a mental health service are set out in the national Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which you can find at:
The standards expected of mental health services are set out in the National Standards for Mental Health Services, found at:
In particular, when dealing with PsychMed you can expect to:
- Be treated courteously, respectfully and fairly at all times;
- See a practitioner who is qualified and competent to help you;
- Receive evidence-based treatment;
- Have your questions about your treatment answered to your satisfaction;
- Have your privacy respected, within the legal limits (see below);
- Give feedback on our services and be able to make a complaint if not satisfied.
If you have a carer, and you want them involved in, or informed about, your treatment, please let us know so that we can arrange this.
If you have a preference to see a male or a female psychologist, you can request this and we will arrange it, although it might mean you have to wait a little longer for a first appointment, depending on our waiting list at the time.